Our New Zealand programme lets you choose from a range of small group adventures of varied lengths and itineraries, exploring all the way from the winterless North to the fjords and glaciers of the far South.
And of course there’s everything in between, from spectacular volcanoes and mountain ranges, to empty beaches and rugged coastal scenery, plus loads of adrenalin filled activities.scenery and plenty of outdoor activities.
Our tours in New Zealand use a range of backpacker style hostels and cabins bookable on a quad share, single or twin share basis. The backpacker network in New Zealand is very well developed and provides clean, comfortable and economical lodging making it ideal for our adventure tours. The backpacker hostels have full kitchens, TV rooms, games
rooms and many of them even have a bar. They have a great atmosphere and are a fun way to travel and to meet other travellers.
New Zealand Highlights
- Bay of Islands, Urupukapuka Island: Bursting with marine life, New Zealand’s oldest European settlement is the perfect place to escape as you explore the deserted beaches and marine life on Urupukapuka Island and relax in the tranquil bays of New Zealand’s finest Maritime Park.
- Taupo, North Island: In the volcanic heart of the North Island, this beautiful town sits on the shores of New Zealand’s largest lake, beneath the snow capped Mount Ruapehu.
- Roturua, North Island: A centre of Maori culture set amidst geothermal activity, hot springs and bubbling mud pools, Rotorua has it all!
- Abel Tasman National Park, South Island: A stunning stretch of coastline with granite fringed cliffs and white sandy bays. Paddle your sea kayak into hidden coves and check out inquisitive seal pups at play.
- Doubtful Sound, South Island An unspoilt wilderness and home to bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and Crested Penguins. Doubtful Sound is the second largest of the 14 fiords in Fiordland National Park and is 3 times longer, 10 times larger and less visited than the more accessable Milford Sound.
- Queenstown, South Island: Pick any outdoor activity and the odds are you will be able to do it either on the mountains or lakes surrounding this adventure capital of New Zealand.
- Franz Josef, South Island: The icy wonderland of the Franz Josef Glacier is tour highlight for many visitors to New Zealand. Squeeze through tight blue crevasses on a guided glacier hike or swoop over its dramatic icefalls with an exciting helicopter flight.